Advantage Carpentry & Remodeling is now hiring for:
Residential Remodeling Carpenter
Recent winner of Remodeling’s “BIG 50″ award – ADVANTAGE CARPENTRY AND REMODELING is hiring a full time residential remodeling carpenter. If you are the right person for our team, have the necessary skill set, and are looking for a great place to work and call home for the next 20+ yrs, you will be well compensated for this position.
- Does your current position lack the necessary things to keep you focused and driven and looking forward to coming to work on a daily basis? Is your opinion continually overlooked when it comes to creativity in the workplace?
- Looking to be considered a valuable member of the team versus just a carpenter on staff who needs to get things done as quickly as possible and on to the next task at hand?
- Want to join a team founded on family values, where it’s not just about the bottom line, and where the customers’ happiness and satisfaction trumps all other matters?
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, flooring, and trim, using carpenter’s hand & power tools.
- Verify trueness of structure, using laser and level.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools.
- Assemble & fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools & wood screws, nails, dowel pins or glue.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
- Fill cracks & other defects in plaster or plasterboard & sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, & sanding tool.
- Building and Construction – Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Management of Material Resources – Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Proper vehicle and tools
- A great attitude and willingness to perform at a very high level 100% of the time
- Proven success in high-end finish carpentry and high-end pre-finished cabinet installation
- Above average rough carpentry skills
- Verifiable past references in our industry
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your time and consideration.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org